Wednesday, October 5, 2011

shanghai book club

The same college counselor moved to another school this year in Shanghai, and she started a book club there too. I snagged this list of their books to share.


October: Shanghai Girls by Lisa See

December: Outliers: The Story of Success by Malcolm Gladwell

January: Freedom: a novel by Jonathan Franzen

February: The Marriage Plot by Jefferey Eugenides

March: The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot

April: The Paris Wife; A Novel by Paula McLain

May: Dreaming in Chinese: Mandarin Lessons in Life, Love, and Language by Deborah Fallows

The only book of theirs that I have read is Outliers by Gladwell, and I really liked it. He explores why certain people/groups/stereotypes exist for being outliers in their field. I've heard a lot about Jonathan Franzen, so I would definitely like to read that book. I'm sure all of them are great, but we will see if I get around to reading any, and I will share if I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment